Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Ch...Ch....Ch Changes

Over the next few weeks there is a BIG change a comin'! See, I'm preparing my heart for my eldest child, to LEAVE the NEST. That's right! He's going to spread his wings and fly all the way to Austin, Texas. The State Capitol. Where they say they are "keeping it Weird"! He's going to be a Longhorn and attend the University of Texas. I am extremely proud of him because he has worked very hard and has a very nice resume with all of his accomplishments from his high school career. However, I AM NOT READY for him to go. It seems like we just brought him home........um, YESTERDAY! Where did eighteen years go???? I know that he has a good foundation and with lots of prayer along with the mighty hand of God leading us, we've raised him right and he is definitely ready for this next phase in his life. However, I am the one who isn't ready for this! I have warned my family that I might be the first parent to lay out in the middle of the football field while bawling and squawling during the graduation ceremony. Just kidding! Not really.......but the potential is there.

In preparing my heart for this life changing event, I can't help but think about how Moses' mother must have felt when she placed her infant son in a basket and sent him out in the crocodile infested Nile River. But, I'm reminded of the Lord's presence during that time. God protected him and even brought him into Pharaoh's household where he was raised among the sons of Egypt. I know that God is going to continue to have his hand on Caleb's life and He will be "with us" as we let Caleb go.  My prayer for all my children is: Go with my children, Lord. Be with them wherever they go, and in whatever they do. I pray they will know you as their Immanuel (God with us).

Thank you, Lord for your presence and your protection. Also, thank you for all you have blessed me with! "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!" Ephesians 3:20-21


1 comment:

  1. Very exciting time and emotional - so happy for Caleb and prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete

Followers