Friday, September 17, 2010

Fling It Out!

When  someone does a kindness
That brightens up your day,
When a good friend helps you smile although
Your heart's chock-full of pain...
When a gift comes unexpectedly
To make your spirits rise,
When a little word is said
To put a twinkle in your eye...
Don't forget to fling that kindness
Right back out to someone else.
Send it on with sweet abandon-----
Don't just keep it for yourself.
For joy that's shared is a boomerang.
Each kindness that you do,
Each smile you share, each heart you lift
Flings joy right back to you.

I found this poem in a book that I refer back to time and time again. I was reminded of it when I recieved a phone call from a lady that found my dad's wallet on top of the vacuum  station at a carwash near where he lives. The lady found my name listed as an emergency contact and called me immediately. He had his DL, SS, Credit Cards, and cash in it. You see, there are still good people in the world! She and I became fast friends and a team to try to find him so she could personally return his wallet to him. After several phone calls over a 45 minute time span, she was able to figure out where he lives. As he was backing out of his driveway to go back to the carwash, she was pulling in. I am so very thankful for this wonderful lady who would not take a gift or even a card of thanks for what she did. She only replied, "Honey, this is what the Lord would have us as christians do!" she then said, "Someone has done this for me before and I'm paying it forward. My reward is waiting on the other side." I pray that we will all be like Ms. Carolyn Ordner and "Fling It Out"!

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful...These are the things that the Lord would have us do...Just last night we were at a car show with a friend. I looked on the ground and I could not believe what my eyes were looking at....A $100.00 bill.
    For a moment I was thinking wow..I can do so much with that hundred dollars. Then, I realized that it had to have fallen out of his pocket somehow. I quickly picked it up and ask if it was his. Yes, it was! It was almost dark and I am so glad that the Lord quickened my eyes to that very spot. My friend was thankful and I was happy that God had used me...

    Thanks for sharing...
    Shug

    ReplyDelete

Followers